Phoenix Marketcity hosts the inaugural edition of Phoenix Leading Lady Awards – 2017
“Don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown that courage can be contagious and hope can take on a life on its own” …. Michelle Obama
Many of our women have taken the road less traveled to begin the journey of a thousand miles and it is the sheer grit and determination that kept them going, setting the bar across various fields for the rest of us to follow. To celebrate, recognize and award the remarkable achievements of such brave and driven Indian women on the illustrious occasion of International Women’s Day, Phoenix Marketcity Pune instituted‘Phoenix Leading Lady Awards 2017’. The aim of these awards are to encourage women empowerment and at the same time bridge local, sectoral, developmental and social imbalances.
Conceptualized and executed by Entre Nous and Terragni Consulting, Phoenix Marketcity presented the first edition of the awards to some of the most deserving women achievers from different sectors like fashion, education, environment, research, art &culture, sports, business and others. The sparkling evening saw prominent personalities and public figures like Karishma Kapoor, Mallika Sarabhai, Rashmi Shukla, Sabina Sanghvi, Nivedita Saboo and Aditi Govitrikar presenting the awards to these women achievers.
Commenting on the initiative, Mr. Rajiv Malla, Director, Phoenix Marketcity Pune, said, “To express our gratitude and acknowledge the contributions of successful women leaders, we came up with this unique initiative ‘Phoenix Leading Ladies Awards’. The idea here was to honor these super women achievers from different walks of life for their stupendous work they have displayed in their respective arena and the impact they have created in the lives of others. From the long term perspective, the objective is to build a platform to highlight such success stories to inspire many other women to strength their skill, follow their dreams and emphasize their role in the sustainable development of the economy.”
The glittering evening saw 17 awardees bagging the trophy at the inaugural edition of Phoenix Leading Lady Awards 2017. Each edition will see a plus one in the list of winners.
List of awardees:
- Prachi Badve– The youngest fashion designer in Asia, showcased her collection at the recently concluded kiddie fashion week.
- Dr Medha Tadpatrikar– Rudra Environmental Solutions (India) to convert plastic waste into poly fuel.
- Vahbiz Bharucha, Rugby player , Sports
- Ketaki Pimpalkhare, Renowned artist from Pune
- Manisha Dhatrak – Owner of Varun Agro Processing Foods Pvt Ltd. She was the first Indian lady entrepreneur in Aseptic fruit processing Industry
- Freny Tarapore – education
- Dakshayani Athalye – Indian Classical Music
- Dr. Sheela Godbole – Research – Healthcare
- Shilpa Joshi – Inventions/Patents
- Rema Sathe – Micro Industry/Start-up
- Manisha Dhatrak – Entrepreneur, Nashik
- Anjali Byce – Professional Leader
- Dr. Radha Shelat – Professional Leader & Entrepreneur
- Dr. Capt. Ritu Biyani – Overcoming Limitations
- Suchitra Date – Bharatnatyam Dancer and Therapist
- Chef Sarika Kamble
- Pratibha Bhadane