We all have experienced that situation where we step out of our houses with a full beat face only to face the wrath of the monsoons and we end up looking like a hot mess. With these tips you will never have to worry about the weather anymore and your makeup will look fresh all day!
1. Primer is key!
Using a primer is essential if you want your base makeup to last and not budge. It creates a perfect smooth base for the other products and also protects your skin as it is non-comedogenic.
- Our drugstore pick : Wet n Wild Cover All Face Primer – Partners In Prime
- Our highend pick : Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
2. Skip the cream base products
Cream foundations can end up looking cakey due to the humidity and can slip and slide on your face. Powder foundations work better in this season and it’s always easy to go in and powder your face during the day if necessary.
- Our drugstore pick : Loreal Paris Infallible 24H Powder Foundation
- Our highend pick : M.A.C Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation
3. Stick to cream blushes
Blushes add a healthy colour and glow to our faces and for this season cream blushes is the best choice! They are not only easy to apply but also super user friendly when it comes to travel. When nothing else works you can always use the age old trick of using lipstick as a blush and that does the trick too!
- Our drugstore pick : Bharat & Dorris Cream Blush
- Our highend pick : Ciate London Blush Pop Crème Blush
4. Waterproof Mascara is the way to go
A little bit of mascara can totally change your
look but the panda eyes during monsoons is a
real problem. Opting for waterproof mascara
can help solve this problem and it will have
your lashes looking fluttery and full all day.
- Our drugstore pick : Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Mascara
- Our highend pick : Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara
5. For that pop of colour on your lids opt for cream eyeshadows
Cream eyeshadow sticks are all the rage right
now and it’s totally worth the hype! No need
of a million eyeshadow brushes, one swipe is
all you need and you are ready to go.
- Our drugstore pick : NYX Professional l
Makeup Jumbo Eye Pencil
- Our highend pick : M.A.C Pro Longwear
6. Liquid Lipsticks are a lifesaver!
Our advice is to strictly stick to liquid
lipsticks this season, they are matte, transfer
proof and long lasting. In case you suffer
from dry chapped lips put on some lip balm
before you use a liquid lip and if nothing else
works a lip tint can help.
- Our drugstore pick : Wet n Wild MegaLast
Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick
- Our highend pick : Smashbox Always On