Mental health is intrinsic to living a healthy, balanced life for our mental health encompasses our psychological, emotional and social well-being. This means it impacts how we feel, think and behave each day. Our mental health also contributes to our decision making process, how we cope with stress and how we relate to others in our lives. Even though mental illness is common and can affect anyone, there is still a great stigma attached. This stigma creates reluctance and shame in seeking help. The acceptance and understanding of mental illnesses has come a far way from where it used to be, but improvements can, and should still be made. The warning signs of stress, mental instability may vary, as per their intensity. However none of those signs should be left unresolved for they all lead to emotional, psychological , physiological and cognitive consequences.
Mental illnesses should not be thought of any differently from physical illnesses. The stigma surrounding mental illness keeps people from getting the help they need to get better and causes them to hide their pain. It’s time to break the stigma. Here are six organisations in Pune, that you can always reach out to, when in need.
1. Unalome Therapy : Unalome is a state of art, boutique mental health and well-being center in Pune. Unalome’s mission is to promote awareness, acceptance and growth through evidence based therapeutic interventions for psychological well being in a safe and inclusive environment. Psychotherapy can be conducted for an individual, family, couple, or group, depending on the nature of concerns and issues. There are also therapists who work specifically with adolescents and children.
Where : No. 1, Hermes Cottage, Lane 2B, Kalyani Nagar, Pune- 411006.
Contact No :
2. Beyond the Obvious : A mental health service by Rutuja Kulkarni who is a passionate and motivated Psychologist, Counsellor and a Past Life Regression Therapist. Services offered by her include individual therapy, group therapy and past life regression therapy. She implements effective methods to install self-understanding among her clients and encourages them to adopt new attitudes and feelings towards life situations. She offers E – counselling sessions.
Find her on : https://www.instagram.com/beyondtheobviousindia/
3. Connecting NGO : Connecting came into existence in July 2005. The group has a fervent desire to extend support to those experiencing emotional distress. Connecting works to prevent suicide by creating awareness and to provide support to those who have lost a loved one to suicide. The NGO has launched a helpine for those in distress or feeling suicidal.
Where : Atur Chambers, 2nd Floor, Above Coffee House, Opposite SGS Mall, Moledina Road, Camp,
Pune 411001. Maharashtra – INDIA
Contact No: 02041200845 (Daily 12pm – 5pm)
4. Center For Mental Health : Mental health center in Pune, India, was founded with the intention of making expert and holistic mental health care available while creating awareness and reducing taboo and stigma around mental illness. The center provides mental healthcare services to a demographic that ranges through every walk of life; children, teenagers, youth, adults, and the elderly. They engage in conducting individual, couple and family therapies. They also conduct psycho-diagnostic assessments and provide necessary reports and certification by their registered Clinical Psychologists.
Where : B1, Priyadarshan, Cosmos Bank and Reliance Footprint Lane, Sanewadi, Aundh, Pune, Maharashtra 411007.
Contact No : 093709 17252
5. AKS Foundation : The Executive Director and prime mover of AKS FOUNDATION, is Ms. Barkha Bajaj, a trained psychologist and a specialist in trauma. Aks Foundation is a Pune centric organization working in the area of gender based violence, primarily domestic violence and sexual assault. It endeavors to provide compassionate, comprehensive services to those impacted by gender based violence in order to empower them to become survivors. They offer a 24*7 helpine service as well.
Contact No : 24/7 Crisis Line: +91 8793 088 814
Call for a consultancy: +91 9860 528 798
6. Mansa : Mansa is an open platform for people to join on their own will and insight about mental health help and responsibly be part of activities to spread awareness about it by debunking the myths related to mental health issues. They have different support groups with trained psychologists and supporters helping them connect with one another.
Reaching out for help would mean doing justice to your own self, which is quite important. You are brave, you are enough. Seeking help will not change it. Rather, it will make you stronger, fitter and more aware about yourselves. Feel free to speak up. Your life matters.
Check their page for more details. https://www.instagram.com/mansa_mentalhealthawareness/